According to the Washington Post, the payroll tax hike that took effect on January 1 likely just wiped out any improvement you made in your income over the past year. If you’re a median-wage single person, you’re likely to bring home around $900 less this year than you did last year. An upper-middle class, two-breadwinner [...]
The Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) was introduced back in 1969 and acts as a method for the government to tax wealthy people who would normally have ways of lowering their tax burden through special channels. People who end up paying the AMT learn that they cannot deduct common things such as property taxes, investment advisory [...]
In order to avoid paying capital gains taxes, it is helpful to know and take advantage of the so-called ‘loopholes’ in the tax code. One of the most useful is called the 1031 Exchange or alternately the Starker Trust Exchange. It works likes this; if you inherit and then sell a vacation, rental, or other [...]
Search The Blog
- What sets BASC Expertise apart from the competition? December 6, 2011
- Tracking work-at-home expenses: Tips for the Entrepreneur January 6, 2011
- Business Structures Defined: Which Is Best for Your Business? February 9, 2011
- 10 Bookkeeping Tips for Small Business Owners August 23, 2011
- 5 Reasons to Outsource Payroll September 1, 2011
- How Small Business Owners Can Avoid an IRS Audit May 24, 2013
- A Primer for Credit Education May 22, 2013
- Bookkeeping Tips for Freelancers May 15, 2013
- How Small Business Owners Can Avoid an IRS Audit May 10, 2013
- Customer Loyalty Rewards Your Bottom Line May 7, 2013
- Bowser: Thanks for the article. We ALL need to be more pro...
- Top 21 Websites for Small Business Owners | BASC Expertise: [...] 5 Reasons to Outsource Payroll (bascexpertis...
- What sets BASC Expertise apart from the competition? | BASC Expertise: [...] 5 Reasons to Outsource Payroll (bascexpertis...
- 5 Reasons to Outsource Payroll | BASC Expertise: [...] Seven Business Start Up Tips to Avoid (basce...
- 10 Questions to Consider as a New Business Owner | BASC Expertise: [...] Money Saving Resources for Business Owners (...